Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc. is accepting resumes for a CADD Technician in the greater Baltimore/Washington area. This position prepares project instructions, digital models and/or drawings and survey layout information using engineer’s or technician’s design specifications manually or using appropriate computer drawings provided to support broad range of land surveying and related services for federal, state, and private clients. CADD Technician should possess high integrity and an excellent attention to detail to be able to conduct all work in accordance with highest professional standards and company policies, procedures, and programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrates experience in working in CAD environment (AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley MicroStation, Bentley InRoads, Trimble Business Center).
- Adhere to drafting standards.
- Demonstrates experience in working with PDF editors (Adobe Acrobat and/or BlueBeam Revu).
- Creates accurate 3D models, using Engineer’s design provided in paper and digital format.
- Performs data reduction, field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking computations.
- Assists Chief of Surveys in preparation of boundary and easements descriptions.
- Assists Chief of Surveys in preparation of As-Built plans and drawings.
- Understands demands and requirements of topographic, control, boundary, ALTA, as-built surveys as well as construction/heavy civil layout for Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Municipal projects.
- Participates as required with the in-house planning procedure and development of the project schedule. Fulfill schedule obligations. Consults with the supervisor when there are scheduling issues/conflicts.
- Learns all the details of the plans and specifications of the project assigned.
- Makes sure all the work is backed up and archived.
- Ensures customer satisfaction in all Customer and Inspector relations and interactions.
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
High school diploma or equivalency (GED) required; additional CAD and land survey related course work desirable. Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a land surveying environment. Valid driver’s license required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Minimum of 5 years of CAD-related experience including, but not limited to: AutoCAD Civil 3D, Bentley MicroStation, Bentley InRoads, Trimble Business Center.
- Ability to work with PDF editors, Adobe Acrobat and/or BlueBeam Revu.
- Minimum of 3 years of Land Survey-related experience including, but not limited to: Boundary, ALTA and Topographic Surveys, Roads and Highway Construction, SWM Facilities, Underground Utilities, Bridges, Structural Steel, E & S Structures, Wetlands, etc.
- Ability to download/upload survey related information in data collector, as well as to perform necessary calculations for the required field work.
- Basic proficiency in written and verbal business communications skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in reading and interpreting contracts and specifications.
- Ability to receive written or oral instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationship with office and field personnel.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain composure, professionalism in all situations.
- Proficient in MS Office applications.
Primarily requires the ability to sit, use fingers/hands, talk, hear. Requires the following specific types of vision: close, distance, color, peripheral, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Office work environment.
May require some occasional travel to job sites.
Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package offered, including 401K.
Qualified candidates may email resumes to Ray Footland, Jr. at email@example.com or mail resume to:
Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Attention: Ray Footland, Jr., Maryland Survey Manager
936 Ridgebrook Road, Suite B1
Sparks, MD 21152