Geotechnical Engineering Specialist
Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc. (N&W) is accepting resumes for a Geotechnical Engineering Specialist to provide geological and geotechnical engineering and technical support for geotechnical assignments involving analysis, design or improvements to major infrastructure projects such as buildings, structures, pipelines, highways, tunnels, bridges and similar facilities. You will be required to apply knowledge and skills to a broad array of environmental issues and problems, conduct soil and rock drilling and sampling, monitor wells, draft reports, and be the liaison between the company and clients.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- High school diploma/GED required
- Valid Pa Driver’s License
- Associate’s or technical degree preferred
- Pennsylvania EIT Certificate preferred
- Certification as a PennDOT-approved Drilling Inspector preferred
- Familiarity with Lpile, GSTABL, Driven, and GRLWEAP software programs preferred.
The successful candidate will:
- Perform drilling inspection for PennDOT, PTC, and other governmental and private projects, whenever requested.
- Be available for extended overnight travel to perform drilling inspection.
- Review and correct typed logs, boring profiles, and drafted media.
- Perform site reconnaissance for geotechnical issues and geological information, as necessary.
- Assist in verifying drilling contractor quantities/invoices.
- Review field and typed boring logs and boring profiles for accuracy and in accordance with specifications.
- Compose Laboratory Testing Plans and review laboratory testing results for soil and rock.
- Review Drilling Contractor solicitations and statewide contracts.
- Determine termination criteria and specifications for subsurface investigations.
- Compose and review Slope Stability studies.
- Compose and review Geotechnical Engineering Reports for roadways and structures, as well as Structure Foundation Reports for bridges, culverts, retaining walls, and ITS structures, and associated calculations, and Slope Stability reports.
- Strive to achieve a higher performance level, increase your knowledge of understanding geotechnical engineering standards and practices consistently.
- Understand and be able to use the Company and/or TD filing system within the first week of your employment.
- Follow instructions and complete geotechnical engineering assignments, as directed.
- Attendance at Company and/or TD meetings, as necessary.
- Organize and maintain office paperwork and/or digital files.
- Correspond with Clients and staff, as requested.
- Use appropriate public relations when dealing with co-workers, clients, observers, and the public.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and communicate effectively with people, both orally and in writing.
- Work in a team environment.
- Perform tasks independently, organize information, and complete deliverables expediently.
- Assist in preparing proposals, including the technical scope of services and cost estimates.
- Meet with clients, attend project meetings, and maintain strong client relationships.
- Stay within established schedules and budgets for each project.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Office environment
- Bending, stooping, sitting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Using office equipment, key board, telephone
- Field work, walking on uneven and oftentimes steep terrain
- Driving to meetings or site visits
- Exposure to extreme weather conditions and temperatures
Qualified candidates may email resumes to email@example.com or mail resume to:
Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc.
Attention: Thomas Imholte, P.E., TD Geotechnical Division Manager
151 Reno Ave
New Cumberland, PA 17070
Phone: (717) 441-2216
Fax: (717) 441-2218