Navarro & Wright Consulting Engineers, Inc. is accepting resumes for a Lead Geotechnical Driller to join our drilling crew in the drilling operation. N&W provides civil engineering and related services for Transportation, Site/Civil Infrastructure, Municipal and Energy industry clients. N&W provides drilling services for geotechnical, environmental and construction projects. The successful candidate must be able to apply intensive and diversified knowledge of geotechnical drilling principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields and have the ability to make decisions independently on geotechnical drilling problems and methods. This position requires the use of advanced practices of geotechnical drilling.
- Be in good physical condition with the ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, have the ability to lift 50-90 pounds and work independently
- Remain familiar with current industry and governmental specifications and standards affecting geotechnical drilling.
- Maintain a valid Delaware Class A CDL.
- Maintain Delaware Water Well Driller or Delaware Well Driller – Geotechnical License.
- Be available for drilling projects that require both in-state and out-of-state travel and overnight stays.
- Adhere to USDOT drug and alcohol requirements.
- Compose required Driller’s Logs.
- Comply with a weekly/daily Tailgate Safety Plan, as provided by the Geotechnical Drilling Division Manager
Administration and Finance
- Works with others as a member of a project team and as required.
- Makes every effort to meet or exceed assigned utilization goals. Utilization goal for this position shall initially be 75%.
- Understand and be able to use the Company and/or TD Deltek and filing system within the first week of your employment.
- Supervise the maintenance of drill rigs and equipment.
- Maintenance/organization of vehicle tracking paperwork and/or digital files.
- Be dependable / consistent with attendance, and follow Company policies and protocols.
RELATIONSHIPS AND AUTHORITY
- Reports to Geotechnical Drilling Division Manager.
- Use appropriate public relations when dealing with co-workers, clients, observers, and the public.
- Five (5) years of experience as a lead geotechnical driller with experience drilling on DelDOT projects.
- Eligible for drill licensing in other States including Maryland.
- Sufficient knowledge of geotechnical drilling techniques to be responsible for an entire project.
Status: Hourly, non-exempt
Interested individuals should have a strong work ethic, be in good physical condition, be able to work independently. This position is full-time (40 hours/week) and candidate must be available to work overtime, when necessary. Competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package offered, including 401K.
Email resumes to: Thomas Imholte, P.E., firstname.lastname@example.org